Quotable...

"If you are walking in Charleston, you are walking on someone's grave."--Sue Bennett, Charleston tour guide

Monday, November 12, 2018

Antonio Millo: A Simple Man with a Big Heart

Hey bloggers! My name is Kevin and I would like to invite you all to come check out my newest blog post where I talked about my great-grandfather, Antonio Millo.

Antonio on his 92nd Birthday- the year he died. 
My great-grandfather died when I was eleven years old and I barely knew him.

 I remember going to visit him in NJ when I was little and I remember just how much of a sweet old man he was.

Antonio was a very simple man, who worked as a doorman in Manhattan for most of his life.

 He was very healthy and always watched what he ate, which is why he lived to be 92.

In order to find details about him, I used ancestry.com and I also talked to my mother Michelle and grandmother Nicoletta to find details about his life.

I was surprised to find out that he was born in Naples, Italy and came to America through Ellis Island when he was 8 years old.
Ellis Island Naturalization Papers 

 I also found out that before he truly retired, he worked in his 80's as a golf-cart driver in Las Vegas airports.

Antonio died in 2011 from pneumonia from a heart condition called A-FIB. He is buried in St. Raymond's Cemetery in the Bronx, and shares a headstone with his ex-wife Irene.

If you are interested in reading more about this wonderful man, make sure to check out my blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment