Quotable...

"If you are walking in Charleston, you are walking on someone's grave."--Sue Bennett, Charleston tour guide

Monday, April 11, 2016

Savannah Visit- Windows Movie Maker Class Demo

Alesia and I just had a wonderful weekend in Charleston's sister city Savannah. I took a bunch of photos there and decided to use this trip for a demonstration I gave in class Monday night on producing slideshows and videos using Windows Movie Maker.

This is just a start...
I do like what I think is a new Movie Maker feature- what on iMovie is called the Ken Burns Effect. This is the movement within each shot you see. Here's an example of this production technique from Burns' highly regarded Civil War documentary.

I think it must be pretty cool for Ken Burns to know this panning and zooming technique is names for him. Most iMovie users probably have no idea who is his, however....

By the way, last November I produced an iMovie video tutorial. Check it out if you need some help with iMovie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment